Custom Wavefront-Guided LASIK with CustomVue by AMO
Dr. Alexandra Chebil uses the Advanced CustomVue technology which provides you with the highest level of accuracy and precision. Over 94% of eyeglass wearers can now benefit from this amazing technology.
What makes the Advanced CustomVue LASIK technology better?
1. More Accurate measurements: This technology can potentially make your vision better than ever possible with glasses or contact lenses.
2. Correction of Visual Distortion: Aberrations
Your vision can be blurry because of two main types of focusing problems called lower and higher order aberrations. Most patients think that their vision is poor because they are simply nearsighted, farsighted or have astigmatism. These types of eye problems are called refractive errors or lower order aberrations. Older less accurate excimer lasers will correct only this type of visual problem.
Extensive research has recently shown that there is another cause for poor vision, called higher order aberrations. If the laser used for LASIK does not fix these distortions, you may have problems with night vision like halos or starbursts around lights. Higher order aberrations can also cause ghosting or double vision while reading. Older less accurate excimer lasers may make these problems even worse than they were before LASIK.
The Advanced CustomVue LASIK technology was designed to precisely and accurately treat these aberrations during your LASIK procedure giving the potential for better than 20/20 vision. During your LASIK evaluation, the Wavesan Wavefront System by Advanced Medical Optics will perform a 3D analysis of the surface of your cornea. This unique analyzer uses Fournier and Hartmann-Shack technology to measure the focusing power of 240 points across the surface of your cornea. This information is then analyzed by the Wavesan system and formulated to give you the most accurate results possible.
3. More Accurate procedures: Eye Tracking and Iris Registration
During your LASIK procedure, 3D Active Trak and Iris Registration are two unique features of the Advanced CustomVue technology that add to the safety and accuracy of your results.
- 3D Active Trak is a 3D active eye tracking mechanism based on NASA’s missal guided accuracy. Your eye movements are tracked in all three directions with this unique, FDA approved technology. Because the CustomVue LASIK procedure is so fast and precise, any small movement of your eyes can affect the accuracy of your results. The 3D Active Trak measure your eye’s position 4000 times per second so you rest assured that you will get the great results you expect from your LASIK procedure.
- Iris Registration: Less chance to need an enhancement procedure
During your initial consultation the Wavescan analyzer will take a series of pictures of the colored part of your eye, the iris. Much like a fingerprint, every iris is unique to an individual. During the LASIK procedure the Wavefront laser continually aligns your eye with the image that was captured by the Wavescan analyzer. Studies have shown that because of Iris Registration, not only will your immediate LASIK results be better, but there is less chance that you may require a re-treatment procedure down the road.
4. More Prescriptions treated
The Advanced CustomVue technology has received the widest FDA approval compared to other laser systems. This wide range allows for the treatment of most people with myopia and hyperopia even when combined with astigmatism.
It is now possible to treat Myopia up to 11.0 diopters with astigmatism up to 3 diopters.
Hyperopia can now be treated up to 3 diopters with astigmatism up to 2 diopters.
5. Four Steps in the Advanced CustomVue procedure:
- Acquire: The WaveScan System by AMO measures and records the wavefront errors on the surface of the eye.
- Design: A custom treatment plan is designed based on the unique measurements obtained by the Wavescan System.
- Align: During the LASIK procedure, the patient’s eye is aligned to the computer measurements during the Iris Registration phase of the procedure.
- Deliver: The STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser System safely and accurately reshapes the cornea using a unique ablation pattern to reduce or eliminate both lower and higher order aberrations.